Mission statement: To assist the school in achieving the goals outlined in the campus improvement plan of providing high quality education, creating and promoting a positive climate and culture and progress monitoring of school systems.
Goal 1: Increase student achievement
Objective: To support academic enrichment and enhancement opportunities for Students, Parents, Staff and Community
- Survey of teachers’ expectations of PTO and top wishlists of resources for academics and extracurriculars
- Supporting clubs and expanding extracurriculars.
- Fundraising to support wishlist
Goal 2: Create and promote positive climate and culture
Objective 1: To increase parent, teacher, staff, school leadership and community involvement in the school, create a sense of community, and awareness among all stakeholders.
- Organize regular PTO meetings in the form of carousel nights
- Organize social events throughout the year
- PTO and principal meet and greet- every quarter, across metroplex
- Organize Teacher appreciation events during Teacher appreciation week and little tokens throughout the year
- Increased communication through multiple channels with all stakeholders
Objective 2: To provide outreach to the community outside the school and build a support network
- Create an external advisory board: Friends of MAOH
- Volunteer hours required of parents- At least 5 hours/semester or $10/hour in kind or cash donation to PTO
- Organize community events such as cleanups, volunteering at animal shelters, children’s hospital